Glass beads and chemicals are used in a rotating mill to roll zinc powder onto the products. This very specific galvanising process is non-electrolytic and is performed at room temperature, which offers a number of powerful advantages:
• No risk of hydrogen embrittlement, and the material hardness is not affected;
• High corrosion resistance per micron and an even, visually attractive layer;
• Layer thickness from 6 µm possible, so thread fitting is guaranteed;
• No dust discharge, unevenness or damage to the products;
• Good electrical conductivity;
• Sticking together of products is impossible.
The process is perfect for preserving rings, washers and other flat punched parts. The low process temperature also makes the process extremely suitable for hardened wire products, such as wire nails, springs and spring washers. For these product categories, mechanical galvanisation is the ideal alternative to electrolytic galvanisation, thermal centrifugal galvanisation and zinc flake coating.
In recent years, demand for this unique treatment has risen considerably. With its production line developed entirely in-house, Thielco increases its capacity and brings process quality to a new reference level. The entire process takes place in an automated, operator-independent manner, with a strong focus on "Zero Defects" results.
Thielco Steel Solutions Group BV is ISO certified. The process meets the NEN-EN ISO 12683 and ASTM-B 695 standards. With fast delivery times, they serve partners from all over Europe out of Reuver, the Netherlands. If you are interested to find out more about this surface treatment, please do not hesitate to contact: +31 77 47 69 350 or via mail: email@example.com.